Saturday, May 21, 2016

Suzhou Dimsum Mandaluyong

Anybody who knows me even for a short period of time understands that I LOVE food.  And I love to eat.  So that means I explore a lot of the places were one can find food.  Since I spend most of my time at work and in and around Manila I have to find places that interest my palate.

So I get most of my leads through my Facebook timeline (I know sad) but sometimes I get a tip from friends and family that this resto is good etc so on and so on.  And the other day someone talked about Suzhou Dimsum Mandaluyong.  Naturally I had to go check it out.  One, it's in Mandaluyong, and second, I heard that they had a great Xiao Long Bao.

This Chinese restaurant has been around for a while, practically over 10 years and is a family run business like most Chinese restaurants are.  This particular branch is located in Mandaluyong but there are other branches near you.

This branch is a bit out of the way but that doesn't stop regulars from going there.  When we arrived there were a few people there and that's already a good indicator that the food is worth it.  If there are regulars - it means the food is good enough to return to.




We immediately got our hands on the Xiao Long Bao (P135 - 4pcs).  And good thing we did because this one is really worth it.  If you're familiar with the one restaurant in Megamall that offers this same dish you won't be disappointed with this one from Suzhou.  It's a fraction of the cost and that means more Xiao Long Bao for us!  Yehey!

Xiao Long Bao


And in true family fashion the wife ordered dessert immediately.  She got the Fried Banana Nuggets (P140).  They taste like, well, Banana, fried outside, soft and tasty on the inside.

Fried Banana Nuggets


The next dish that was served was the Kuchay & Pork Dumpling (P195).  Yet again, a worthy dish to be eaten.  Just dip it into the vinegar sauce and you're all good.



And another worthy dish to add to any meal are not even meat dishes.  They are tofu!  Tasty and healthy so that's always a great combination.  Tofu with Century Egg & Pork Flakes (P220) and Salt & Pepper Fried Tofu (P135).




For a complete meal syempre, dapat meron rice and beef.  Steamed beef in Garlic (P360) & Pork and Vegetable Fried Rice (P180).  These two go great together as the rice has a mild taste while the beef dish has a very strong garlic and beef taste.  Put together they make a team.



 And when the wife wasn't looking I snuck in some more dishes.  Pancake with Spring Onions (P130), Special Taiwan Beef Noodle Soup (P255).  And the veggie dish I believe is called Suzhou-style Vegetable (P220).




I guess by this time you're saying that wow, they've eaten a lot but that's normal for my family.  We added another dish: Stir Fried Noodle Beef (P220).


At this point we were quite full already.  So I decided to check out the place.  The restaurant does some local deliveries if you're craving Chinese Food.  And they also do some catering and special events.  The restaurant offers two rooms that can be rented for special events.  Each room can take an estimated 30 persons each.

Room 1

Room 2
I try to keep my blog short and sweet but it's hard to do when you have plenty to write about.  Suzhou Dimsum has plenty to offer and I'm quite glad I got to visit and experience their food.  For now, I'll let the pictures do the talking and entice you to a good meal at Sizhou Dimsum.






No comments:

Post a Comment